There are some standard selfie rules that all bloggers and selfie professionals know. Even if some of these might seem obvious, it’s good to rfresh our selfie skills sometimes to get that perfect shot whether you’re an amateur or a selfie pro!
1. Practice makes perfect! Even if it feel’s silly and takes up all the storage space on your phone, taking 10 million pictures is better than only having 3 to choose from. The beauty of today’s technology is that there’s no limit to how many pictures you take and you can just weed through the bad ones to get to the best. Once you learn hwat your best angle is (everyone has one!) you won’t need so many to get that perfect shot.
2. Every good photographer know’s that your equipment should always be kept clean. Since you might be pressing your phone and camera against your face, make sure the lens is clean before snapping away. I like to use my cloth from my sunglasses to keep it squeaky clean.
3. The right angle: Unless your face is a symetrical work of art, avoid taking pictures directly facing the camera. Tilt your chin down a little (too much and you’ll look like Derek Zoolander) and to the side. If you’re blowing a kiss or something, tilt your head back!
4. Holidng the phone: If you have the shakes, use two hands but normally I use one hand and extend it out and up slightly. Don’t angle it too high or you get wierd, distorted angles.
5. Find the light: Every good model knows to find the light to ensure a flawless complexion. Direct sunglight can be unflattering but try to face a window of natural sunglight when possible.
6. Makeup like a pro: Even if the no make up selfie is in, most of us are a little self conscious about our imperfections. Make sure all the little pimples are covered up, especially the under eye area which can sometimes be enhanced in the wrong light.
7. Filters: Choose a filter that best suits the mood of the picture. I like the VSCOCAM F2 Mellow, especically for beach pictures which can be a little bright.
8. Backround: A bad background can ruin even the best selfies so make sure the place you’re shooting is tidy, clean and interesting.
9. Smize: You’ve heard this before from the lovely Tyra Banks, smile with your eyes if you’re not smiling with your teeth! It gives warmth and personality to the picture and your face.
10. Take selfie’s like no one’s watching! Confidence is important in any aspect of a bloggers day to day so taking a selfie is no different. If you want to take a selfie in front of other’s but feel shy, don’t! Just remember everyone odes it, no matter how much they might make fun or laugh, at home in their bedroom’s they’re probably taking millions of selfie’s!
All photo’s from my instagram: shecomesincolors