‘Tis the season to be giving – so I’ve rounded up my favorite gifts for her this season. These are all gifts for every budget and easy to give to a signifact other, a best friend, sister or mom.
1. Skagen watch: this is perfect for someone closer to you, like a sister or mom. It’s minimalist enough that it can suit everyones style and the rosegold wristband is almost like jewelry itself. (See SKAGEN collection here)
2. Byredo parfum for hair: It sounds wierd to use perfume for hair but I really love this concept. It’s not as expensive as perfume and also not as strong. It leaves your hair smelling fresh and slightly perfumed without being overwhelming.
3. Slim Aarons Prints: I love Slim Aarons because nothing takes me into holiday mode more than his jet set 70′s photography of the glitteratti on the Riviera. I have two in my home which I purchased way back and I gave my best friend a 50€ voucher from the shop where I got mine. It was great to give him the chance to choose his own print. Yellowcorner.com
4. Lancome youth activating glow serum: This serum is magic in a bottle. If you want your skin to glow all day just apply this under your moisturizer and you’re set! I prefer really heavy moisturizers because this dry winter weather wrecks my skin but if I apply a little of this under my usual moisturizer (also by Lancome) I get this youthful, dewy glow that I love. The one pictured is the Genifique serum I also love which is linked below.
5. Book - Love letters of great men and women: 2016 was all about love for me, re discovering it and diving deep into it like a teenager. This book was featured in Sex And The City in the first movie where Carrie is reading it in bed. The book actually never existed so someone decided to publish it and voila! The best letters are from Beethoven… ‘Ever thine, ever mine… ever ours’. Swoon!
6. Nividas Sunglasses: Okay so I love sunglasses and I can’t get enough of them so this is a really cool present to give a best friend who has the same obsession! I love the simplistic skandinavian design coupled with a cool trendy shape. (my glasses here)
7. Diptique Candles: I always love candles… My favorite is the classic Biaes candle but I also love Mimosa. The smaller ones are pretty affordable, around 25€ and I always re use the cute glasses for new candles or the big ones I use for storing things like make up brushes. Jo Malone is also a great brand and I love the Jasmin and Mint one. (set of candles here)
8. Crosley record player: It’s funny how music has come full circle and we went from digital music back to records. Kind of like how digital photos somehow made poloroids cool again! I love record players and have wanted one for a long time. I’m an all-kinds-of-music lover so I can see myself listening to anything from Nina Simone to Jim Morrison on this. Plus it comes in a super cute record suitcase. Berlin is kind of amazing for record hunters with tons of shops just selling them out on the sidewalk for 5€ so its kind of a great present for the old school girl with and old rock and roll soul. You can get Cromley sets from Urban Outfitters (here)
Hope you liked this gift guide and stay tuned for the mens version!